Shout out to Parks and Recreation fans, I hope you’ll catch the reference 😉 Let’s take a moment to think of Ben Wyatt and how emotional and happy his treat yo’ self purchase made him when he was feeling bummed out.
If you read my recent posts, you know I’ve had a pretty crappy summer in terms of migraines so I wanted today’s post to be about self-care. Even if you don’t live with a chronic disorder such as migraine, self-care works wonders for stress, self-image, interpersonal relationships, and overall happiness.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase any of my recommended products at the bottom of the post, I will earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. Keep in mind though, that I only post affiliate links to products and services I personally love and use myself! Purchasing through my page ensures that I am able to keep writing useful content for all of you.
Treat Yo Self Ideas for Self Care
- Hair mask for soft, shiny locks that smell heavenly
- Listen to some happy music
- Hydrating face mask
- Take yourself out on a date
- Walk around a pretty park
- Yoga or light exercise
- Dance around your room to some fun, happy music
- Go outside and be in nature
- A nutrient-rich fruit and veggie smoothie
- A yummy diet-breaker
- Have a girls’ day and just unwind
- Bubble bath
- A night on the town for some fun
- Some alone time
- Treat yourself to a different haircut or change up your look with some color
TL;DR – Conclusion
Whether you suffer from a pain disorder such as migraine or just need some general self-love, taking some time to care for yourself will work wonders not only for your happiness but also for your interpersonal relationships with your loved ones.
StephanieCristi Top Recommended Self Care Products
- Acnefree Therapeutic Sulfur Mask from Amazon
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque from Amazon
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask from Sephora or you can also buy it from Amazon
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
- Skinfood Fresh Made Watermelon Mask from Amazon
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask from Sephora or you can also buy it from Amazon
- Peter Thomas Roth Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask from Amazon
- SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque from Amazon
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing Mask from Amazon
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Masks from Amazon
- Innisfree It’s Real Squeezed Mask Sheet (16 sheets) from Amazon
- Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask from Sephora
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle 24k Gold Intense Wrinkle Sheet Mask from Amazon
- $10 coupon towards your first purchase at Erin Condren
With all my love,
5 thoughts on “Treat Yo Self (with Kindness and Love) 2018!”
This post is brilliant! I find doing light exercise and listening to loud music helps me to feel better. Will definitely be trying some others that you’ve suggested out in the future!
Hi Emily Florence,
Oh my goodness, brilliant? Thank you for not only checking out my page but taking the time to leave such a sweet message! I definitely love loud music for blowing off some steam, good one!
I hope they work for you 🙂
my favourite post going!, your website and posts are amazing and so inspiring and helpful, can’t wait to read more xxx
Aww, that’s so sweet of you! I’m glad you find my work inspiring and helpful.
If you’d like to stay in the loop of my new posts, be sure to sign up for my mailing lists 🙂