Treat Yo Self 2018!
Shout out to Parks and Recreation fans, I hope you’ll catch the reference 😉 If you read my recent posts, you know I’ve had a pretty crappy summer in terms of migraines so I wanted today’s post to be about self-care. Even if you don’t live with a chronic disorder such as migraine, self-care works wonders for stress, self-image, interpersonal relationships, and overall happiness. Just think of Ben Wyatt and how emotional and happy his treat yo’ self purchase made him when he was feeling bummed out.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase any of my recommended products at the bottom of the post, I will earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. Keep in mind though, that I only post affiliate links to products and services I personally love and use myself! Purchasing through my page ensures that I am able to keep writing useful content for all of you.
Self Care Ideas
- Hair mask for soft, shiny locks that smell heavenly
- Listen to some happy music
- Hydrating face mask
- Take yourself out on a date
- Walk around a pretty park
- Yoga or light exercise
- Dance around your room to some fun, happy music
- Go outside and be in nature
- A nutrient-rich fruit and veggie smoothie
- A yummy diet-breaker
- Have a girls’ day or guy’s day and just unwind
- Bubble bath
- A night on the town for some fun
- Some alone time
- Treat yourself to a nice haircut or change up your look with some color
TL;DR – Conclusion
Whether you suffer from a pain disorder such as migraine or just need some general self-love, taking some time to care for yourself will work wonders not only for your happiness but also for your interpersonal relationships with your loved ones.
StephanieCristi Top Recommended Self Care Products
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen (SPF 45)
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Clarisonic Mia 2, 2 Speed Facial Sonic Cleansing Brush
- Briogeo gel to oil hair mask
- Eve Nyc hair mask
With all my love,